On the entry you can bring the following items in Turkey :
* personal effects of the tourist.
* one TV, one colour pocket TV (maximum 16 cm screen), one TV-tape-radio combination, one video recording camera and 5 video cassettes (blank); 5 records, 5 tape cassettes or compact discs.
* one video player, cine-projector (8 mm) and 10 rolls of film (blank), one slide projector.
* one pocket computer (maximum main memory capacity Ram 128k. Byte),
electronic playing devices (without cassette - keyboard).
* one transistor radio and portable radio - tape player (its specification to be determined by the Ministry of Finance and Customs),
one Walkman or pocket tape recorder,
one portable compact disc player.
* Binoculars (one pair, except night binoculars)
harmonica, mandolin, flageole, flute, guitar, and accordion (only one of each type, maximum 3 musical instruments).
* personal sports equipment.
* necessary medical items.
* bicycle, baby buggy, toys.
* 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars.
* 200 grams of tobacco and 200 cigarette papers, or 50 grams of chewing tobacco or 200 grams of pipe tobacco, or 200 grams of snuff
(In addition to the above allowances, it is possible to purchase 400 cigarettes, 100 cigars, and 500 grams of pipe tobacco from the Turkish Duty Free Shops upon entering the country).
* 1.5kg. coffee, 1.5kg. instant coffee, 500 grams of tea.
* 1 kilo chocolate and 1 kilo sweets.
* 5 (100 cc) or 7 (70 cc) bottles of wines and/or spirits.
* five bottles of perfume (120 ml max. each).
* one portable typewriter.
* one camera with 5 rolls of film.
* First aid, and spare parts for the car.
* Other items necessary during the journey.
* Valuable items and all items with a value of over $ 15,000 must be registered in the owner's passport upon entering Turkey, for control upon exit.
* Antiques brought into the country must be registered in the owner's passport to avoid difficulties on exit.
Sharp instruments (including camping knives) and weapons may not be brought into the country without special permission.
The bringing into the country, trade, and consumption of marijuana and all other narcotics is strictly forbidden and subject to heavy punishment.
* Gifts, not exceeding 500 Euros in value and not for trading purposes, may be brought into the country duty free. In addition, gifts not exceeding 500 Euros in value may be posted to Turkey duty free, if the date stamped by the sending post office falls one month before, or one month after the following holidays: Seker Bayrami, Kurban Bayrami, Christmas, and New Year's.
* Note: Cellular Telephones entering the country must be accompanied by a certification form showing ownership. Ownership must be documented in the passport of the owner and will be checked on entry and exit. For more information contact the Ministry of Transportation, General Directorate at Tel: (312) 212 35 72 - 212 60 10 (10 lines), Fax: (312) 221 32 26 or write to Ulastirma Bakanligi Telsiz Gn. Md. Emek - Ankara.
On the exit you can take the following items from Turkey :
* Gifts and souvenirs: for a new carpet, a proof of purchase; for old items, a certificate from a directorate of a museum is necessary.
* Exporting antiques from Turkey is forbidden.
* Valuable personal items can only be taken out of the country providing they have been registered in the owner's passport upon entry, or providing they can show they have been purchased with legally exchanged currency.
* Minerals may only be exported from the country with a special document obtained from the MTA (General Directorate of Mining Exploration and Research). Etüdler Dairesi 06520, Ankara
Tel: (312) 287 3430 /1622, Fax: (312) 285 42 71
All Right Travel & Luxury Tours